Plastic

Jamie Metzger

• Premium Member

But that will increase our dependence on foreign oil!

In seriousness, though; off the top of my head I really can't think of any. I can think of a few plastic things I'd like replaces with metal though (like the tightening knobs on some stands)

• Premium Member

Crash cams. Make an Eyemo out of Delrin, but thicker than the metal specs. When the body gets crushed, switch the metal guts into a replacement body. Disposable Canon or similar lenses can be used since they are making the barrels and works out of plastic now anyway.

I am just finishing my current demo reel. I am still livid because there are some shots that are a bit shaky due to using a lighter weight ALUMINUM tripod with certain plastic parts. I simply cannot imagine a tripod or anything else that is currently made of metal, to be completely made of plastic. Camera gear should never be plastic-made.

That is what I get for saving my own back, as for those shots I did not have any assistants to help me . :(

True, there are some super strong epoxy-resin-plastics out there, but most plastic breaks, and it is a pain to produce AND dispose of . . .

Metal all the way!