SHORT FILM SHOT ON KONVAS 1M

Daniel Porto

• 2 weeks later...
it looks amazing! did you do any color correction?

Thankyou. Yes I did, Basically the whole thing was desaturated except for the final and only 'real' sequence (in which the colors were boosted).

Contrast was increased in the first scene by playing with the highlights and shadows.

Basically for the entire short film I had desaturated the picture to the point in which it looked terrible. Then I imported in into Final Cut and placed it on top of the original footage. I then set the 'visibility' to about 40% (depending on the shot and part of the scene) and this gave me a nice desaturated look I think... but i'm not colorist.

Next time I shoot on film I am going to use a proper colorist because I found that using 'Color' as a grading problem just tended to bring out a lot of noise. I guess to stop this noise you just need to color correct at the post-production house

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

If you have COLOR and proper hardware that let you work in this app, you should try to utilize this, unless you do not have to deal with tight budget.

At this moment it is not a big deal to find resources and tutorials to learn basics of color correction and grading especially for working in COLOR.

As you said you work also in FCP, and there after you select a proper sequence in timeline, you can apply a video filter (Menu: Effects-> Video Filters-> Color Correction (there you will fin good tools). What is fine with this is that you can apply several filters on every sequence, every prameter can be animated....

regards

Pawel

• Premium Member

I have to say the acting in this film is amazing.

I can't quite tell where the digi and the film differ here. Although on the close up's it seems the light

on the skin tones look more digital than film. Of course, I could be wrong.

Excellent!!!!

• 1 month later...