Camerimage 2008

Warwick Hempleman

I will be there from Tuesday evening on to host the nominated music video cinematographers' seminars, and to present the awards at the closing ceremony. Please do say hello. I'd love to meet you all. That's the point of this festival. First one's on me. Cheers, Daniel Pearl, ASC

P.S. I'm 6 foot even, have a shaved head with a grey goatee and mustache.

Nadav, it was good to meet you this evening. Elisabeth, Anna, and any others who've made the trek to Lodz, do come by J. L. Fisher's booth and say hello.

Hey Warwick,

When I think that I was impressed to see you working on your booth with your computer. Now, I understand you were just on Cinematography.com

OK, any one interested in lights should come and see us on our booth. We're next to the VIP room. We have a few new toys.

Hey Warwick,

When I think that I was impressed to see you working on your booth with your computer. Now, I understand you were just on Cinematography.com

OK, any one interested in lights should come and see us on our booth. We're next to the VIP room. We have a few new toys.

It's all work here, Marc, except for when it isn't B)

I am sure the award list will be up soon, just noting down the main competition winners:

Bronze Frog - Rainer Klausmann for "The Baader Meinhof Complex"

Silver Frog - Cesar Charlone for "Blindness"

Golden Frog - Anthony Dod Mantle for "Slumdog Millionaire".

Never have I experienced such a frenetic audience applause like when the end credits of "Slumdog Millionaire" were on screen.

Just back from Poland presenting the awards and conducting question and answer sessions with the attending DPs at the 16th annual Camerimage Festival. The jury award for best MV cinematography went to Kasper Tuxen Anderson for Dave Gahan's "Kingdom"

http://www.rokkit.tv/?section=musicvideos&...amp;film=film_3

and the audience award went to Aaron Stewart-Ahn and Shawn Kim for Death Cab for Cutie's "I Will Possess Your Heart"

http://otaku-house.com/forac.mov

I will need help rounding up the nominations for next year, so please save my email address and feel free to hit me back next September with your favorites of the previous twelve months.

Nastrovia, Daniel Pearl, ASC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...