Short film for school project

Jeff Kolada

• Premium Member
Put this together for the Intro to Video Production class at Ohio University. Procrastinated quite a bit and couldn't find actors in time so ignore the terrible acting.

-Jeff

http://www.vimeo.com/2270785

Thanks for warning us about the acting. It's a good sign that you can recognize that. New makers often defend their work in the face of what's obvious to others. The rest was plenty solid. Your shot selection was very natural. Action editing is often more forced than this. Trimming the ends of each shot so that the action flows much faster than real life and you might get the energy levels up. Just an opinion. Not gospel.

I think it's work to be proud of.

• Premium Member

Agreed. There are some INTs I don't really like, not my style really but not bad either. I'm sure also a function of equipment available and time and the like. All in all pretty solid 'specially for a school project. I'd like perhaps a little "darker/ moodier" in the van, but that's just me. the EXTs during the day look very nice as well considering those things can be problematic to control.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job overrall. I had a problem with the lighting in the garage. In my opinion, shooting this scene more at night would give it a better look, since you had bright lights just shining at the main character. I also agree with the acting, though it was acceptable for this short film. Good job.