Scrooge meets Marley

Mark Williams

I've made an excerpt from a Christmas carol of course its just a test for now without real sets being built etc and I am thinking of putting together a plan for a full feature of this.. I just wondered what peoples thoughts are on this film and on the idea!

http://www.mydeo.com/videodownload.asp?YID...&CID=237581

I'd love to see this made into a full length film, Christmas Carol is a story that will never get old in my opinion. The only suggestion I could make is that Scrooge put the candle down and have a more direct talk with Marley, or he sould juse be illuminated by the light of the fire. That aside, brilliant work! I love Marley's plastic chains. :lol:

Also, you acted both characters terrifically. I especially liked Scrooge. What a doddering old man!

Edited by Matthew Buick

I'd love to see this made into a full length film, Christmas Carol is a story that will never get old in my opinion. The only suggestion I could make is that Scrooge put the candle down and have a more direct talk with Marley, or he sould juse be illuminated by the light of the fire. That aside, brilliant work! I love Marley's plastic chains. :lol:

Also, you acted both characters terrifically. I especially liked Scrooge. What a doddering old man!

Thanks Matt yes there has been some debate about the chains which are white to be in keeping with the fact Marleys a ghost Yours is the second comment regarding this though so now Im wondering.

From a novice' perspective, the acting could use some improvement (They actually sound like they were memorizing their lines), but considering that it's test footage, I guess I should expect that. Other than that, I thought it was pretty good.

Thanks Benson.. No such thing as novices were all professionals at watching films.. Sorry the acting wasnt up to your standard I guess the Star wars idea is not gonna take off then! Oh well such is life Such is life :)

The problem I had with the chains was that they seemed so light and flimsy. They weren't burdening Marley at all. They were also a brilliant white. I know you were after the 'white as a sheet' effect, but he doesn't look dead or despondent enough for me. Also, I see nothing wrong with your acting. Star Wars should still go ahead.

Best! :)

The problem I had with the chains was that they seemed so light and flimsy. They weren't burdening Marley at all. They were also a brilliant white. I know you were after the 'white as a sheet' effect, but he doesn't look dead or despondent enough for me. Also, I see nothing wrong with your acting. Star Wars should still go ahead.

Best! :)

Hi Matt

Yes I think thats a fair couple of points and I agree.. You summed that up the same way I did. However regarding Star wars I did look at a film stormtroopers and it was really well done the competition in these sort of films is quite excellent.. I wouldnt be able to compete on effects what I need though is a really good little story and IF I had that maybe I should disassociate it with star wars and make something original.. This needs some thought.. Another thing was the star wars vehicles are fun but not up to the job so I would need to make some.. The millenium falcon is out that would take forever I think though I could manage an X wing What I need is a full size robot suit now that would be cool.. A robot flying an x wing.

Markie Wan Kenobwilliams! :lol:

Or OB-3 Does this sound Okay?

FADE IN

A MAN PEERS OUT INTO THE DARKNESS FROM A BOMB CRATER ALL AROUND HIS IS DEVASTATION

CALRO

They took everything and left nothing.

BANE

I thought they came to help us?

CALRO

We join up?

BANE

Maybe.

CALRO

Look at it nothing left.

Suddenly a low cruising X wing slows to a stop in front of Calro menacingly suspended feet from the ground

BANE

Don?t be a fool get down.

CALRO

(Shouts)

Are you proud of what you?ve done

Bane grabs him and drags him into a crater

BANE

You?ll get killed.

CALRO

I?ve got nothing left. I don?t care anymore. My family murdered by this villainous scum.

OB-3

I have a message for you two.

Calro charges at the Jedi that stands befor him The Jedi raises his hand and Calro falls to the ground.

BANE

Leave him alone if your gonna kill us then do it quick..

OB-3

I?m here because I need your help.

CALRO

We needed your help and this is the result.

OB-3

Yes unfortunate

CALRO

Unfortunate is that how you see this.. Unfortunate?

OB-3

How would you explain it?

CALRO

Murder, that?s how I see it.

OB-3

What if I told you your family were safe?

CALRO

Then I?d apologize are they?

OB-3

No.

CALRO

Then they are dead..

OB-3 looks up into the force

OB-3

I dont sense this.

BANE

What do you sense?

OB-3

Your wife was an informer for the federation. She guided them here.

CALRO

We needed the money it was that or starvation.

OB-3

Yes I have seen this. Tell me Calro search your feelings is she dead?

CALRO

I dont know.

BANE

No she isnt.

OB-3

Bane Skywalker your family are safe too.. Do not look to the darkside when all seems lost. You have an unborn son who will begin the fight that will soon free the universe.. Come my friends let me take you to your new home. It begins...

CALRO

What does he mean it begins?

BANE

I have a funny feeling about this..

END

Sounds fantastic! Really deep emotional stuff, I'll be glad to see it completed and on screen.

Speaking of which, if my health is up to the job, and you don't mind, could I help out on the filming of said script? Like an AC.

Okay few minor changes to the script and I think its there.. This is really very short a couple of mins at most and its going to be very simple.. No camera moves just veery short and just for fun n practice.

:)

• 2 weeks later...