IIB Magazine repair

Gene Fojtik

One of the mags on the IIB I just purchased has a very tight gear movement. After removing what pieces I felt comfortable removing I think I have isolated the tightness to the large sprocket in the center. I did not see a way of removing that sprocket so I am at an impasse.

Is this a lube issue? If so what kinds of lubricants can I use on the mag?

Does any one have tips on maintaining these mags?

Does anyone have a IIB parts and repair manual?

There were a few screws that were tight on other pieces that I did not want to force. Would it be detrimental to use something like tri-flo to loosen them up?

Thanks.

Thanks. So, I would use the SiliKroil on the screws only or also on the sprockets? Would you use the tri-flo for general lubing of the mag or some other kind of special arri oil?

Would these products be advisable for upkeep of other parts of the camera?

Thanks alot for the help.

I have no link but I have it on my hard disk. Send me your email by private message and I'l send you the file. Sadly, the quality of the document is not very good and it's quite dark. But it's free and better than nothing.

Some years ago, I bought one manual form an ebay seller who sold "Parts and repair" manuals for 19 USD. He said that his manuals were copied from an original one. In fact he just printed the PDF file I'm going to send you... I already had this PDF document and when I received the printed one from the seller I was very disapointed because I was expecting a better quality one !

Regards

Greg

Thanks. Do you have a link? I have looked all over but only find the Instruction Manual and not the Parts and Repair one.