Merry Christmas!

K Borowski

Merry Christmas Everybody! Whether you shoot digital, film, or VHS-C, all the best to you and yours!

To keep with the gist of cinematography, what movies are you going to see? I hear that Tom Cruise is terrible in "Valkyrie."

Watching any classics? Just got through watching "It's a Wonderful Life" with my family. Not only is it a wonderful life, but also a wonderful movie.

Have to say, though, that there's an irony that undertones the whole movie, as Jimmy Stewart & "Uncle Billy" are running a home-loan building that is the '30s equivalent of a sub-prime lender :blink:

"A Christmas Carol" with Alistair Sims is another excellent holiday film. I don't think any of the other versions, even the one with Kurt Douglas, were quite as good as this one.

Just watched Christmas Vacation and The King of Kong, Fistful of Quarters.

Chevy was a comedic genius when he was on the nose candy, what's your favorite quote?

Mine is:

"Hey Griswold, where you going to put a tree that big?

"Bend over and I'll show ya!"

"you got a lot of nerve talkin to me like that Griswold!"

Seth Gordon made an amazing film with KOK, but I worked on his latest feature, Four Christmases and it came out pretty terrible, what happened?

Holiday movies with the family is always fun.

• Premium Member

Merry Christmas to all!

As far as films go, I am taking notes on Joe Wright's Pride & Prejudice as I type- not really a Christmas movie but certainly cinematically beautiful. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and finds enough joy to last another year! Cheers.

texas_christmas.jpg

To partially quote one of my favorite movies movies, yippie ka yea, Mother ..... well let's just leave it at that and continue with Felice Navidad from as far West Texas as you can git. Ya All have yerselves a real Merry Christmas now ya hear an' I hope Santa brings ya all lots o' Arris and zoom lenses an' such. Best o' the season an' many more. Yeeehaw!! :D B)

cowboy_christmas.jpg

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• I doubt that after this anyone will ever employ me again as a sound recordist! :D Just as well really...

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=259...mp;fullscreen=1

p.s. If you have a problem playing this back, do please say so mentioning what browser and firewall you're using.

(sorry, but I just can't seem to stop myself. :( New Year's resolution: go and check into nearest Techies Anonymous! ;) )

Edited by Karel Bata

To keep with the gist of cinematography, what movies are you going to see? I hear that Tom Cruise is terrible in "Valkyrie."

Thanks, that is the only movie I have wanted to see all year. Well I'm going to see it no matter what the critics say ;)

R,

Watched "A Christmas Story", never gets old.

You've only watched it once? I've already watched almost the whole marathon! Haha, gotta love it.

Merry Christmas to all, hope Santa brought you some fun new toys. I finally got copies of 2001, Singin' In The Rain and Casablanca so I'm happy :) .

Thanks, that is the only movie I have wanted to see all year. Well I'm going to see it no matter what the critics say ;)

R,

No problem Richard.

After further review, found out that the review of the movie I'd initially read was by someone that blindly hates all Tom Cruise movies. So I went to see it myself. Overall, eh. . . I'd give it a B- or a C.

Dee, New Year's Resolution, lay off the puns. . . .