Arri 2 perf kits

Kevin Masuda

• Premium Member
Has anyone seen one of these kits for sale lately? Looking into possibly getting one for my arri 35 2B, that is if it will work on a 2B.

Oh my.

These kits are very, very rare. I don't think I've ever seen one for sale. The easiest thing to do would be to send it to Bruce McNaughton at Aranda Film in Australia and have him convert the movement to 2 perf. He does a lot of them.

Best,

Bruce Taylor

www.Indi35.com

• Premium Member
These kits are very, very rare.

Saw one on eBay about three years ago, complete kit, though it was for the Arriflex 35 IIC, so I'm not sure it would work on the IIB, but possibly.

Last time I discussed this with Axel Broda (about six months ago) he mentioned that he had all the parts to convert a IIC to 2-perf, maybe he has the parts for a IIB as well. Be aware that once it is converted to 2-perf, it doesn't really convert back to 4-perf very well. Machining has to be done to the body and other parts of the camera, so before you convert your camera, make sure you want it (permanently) in 2-perf.

Best,

-Tim

Hi gang

The parts for the 2 perf conversion of 2C and 2B are the same except that the ground glass is a different size. With the 2B there is a little more work required in fitting a gear to the vertical drive shaft.

Conversion is reversible. We supply a new changeover gate, complete new movement and ground glass for 2 perf but if an original gate is available along with an original ground glass, the camera can be converted back. We keep the old movements and have a cupboard full of these. The machining of the camera body will not affect the reinstatement of original parts.

Regards

Bruce