Unreplaced green in awful music video

• Premium Member
I'm sorry to subject you to Kelly Clarkson, but does anyone have any idea why they never got around to replacing the green inserts on the TVs in this abysmal piece of adolescent saccharine?

Well, there is a slight chance that someone in the art department or the director really likes green, else this is one of the most hilarious bloopers ever seen! Anyone know whether this is really the final version? Seen it on MTV too?

Cheers, Dave

They keyed in images on the TV in what I assume to be the final cut (on MTV.com). The youtube clip must've leaked from the post house, or they pushed it out so fast, they forgot it was there. I noticed, however, that on the keyed clips, the black pedestal's (which I assumed to be hiding the fill light for the greenscreen) top panel was green. Whoops.

-Ross

Edited by Ross Neugeboren

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I'm sorry to subject you to Kelly Clarkson, but does anyone have any idea why they never got around to replacing the green inserts on the TVs in this abysmal piece of adolescent saccharine?

P

You'd wonder why they didn't just use an LCD TV and play the insert video directly on the screen. You don't need any 24 fps conversion or anything.

• Premium Member

Oh and BTW, over the years I have seen many of these music video directors like to put their stuff up, finished or not thinking it's going to get them some Hollywood contract. Looks like it was the case here. In other words, the youtube link is not the finished version. Here is the finished version:

http://music.aol.com/video/miss-independen...larkson/1102025