Menu's for film festivals

• 3 weeks later...

I just have a "Play" button on my "menu". There's nothing to select. . .it's the only button. Pressing "enter" or "play" on the DVD remote will play the movie. I would think a DVD that starts playing as soon as it loads could be an issue 'cause what if they viewer isn't ready? What if they put the DVD in, THEN turn on the TV, etc. etc. and the film's already off and running?

Now, granted, I've only entered (and occasionally gotten into) what are considered "third tier" festivals. . .so who knows what the Cannes-es and Sundances of the world want?

I just have a "Play" button on my "menu". There's nothing to select. . .it's the only button. Pressing "enter" or "play" on the DVD remote will play the movie. I would think a DVD that starts playing as soon as it loads could be an issue 'cause what if they viewer isn't ready? What if they put the DVD in, THEN turn on the TV, etc. etc. and the film's already off and running?

Now, granted, I've only entered (and occasionally gotten into) what are considered "third tier" festivals. . .so who knows what the Cannes-es and Sundances of the world want?

I would go any further than a simple play button. Viewing films for festival selection tends to be a production line, so I wouldn't go any further than further than that. The point is grabbing the programmer's attention; their TV will be on, the main problem will be stopping them hitting the DVD stop and eject button before your film finishes.

Just because you've entered your film doesn't automatically mean they're going to watch it all the way through when they've got a pile other other film to watch.