shooting on FUJIFILM 35mm

hello

I am about to shoot a short film on 35mm using Fuji stock

I would like to know if any of you have used Fuji before and if one should rate the stock differently

I am shooting the outdoor with Fuji 250D and indoors with 400T

i chose Fuji because im looking for a texture in the film as the new vision 3 does not provide that

moreover im looking forward to having more of earthly tones as well as good skin tones

• Premium Member

I've found that the 8583 400T is not as low-con as I expected it to be, compared to 8573 500T. It seems to be a bit grainier than the 500T. I've found I can rate them both 1 stop under and print up, and still get a good image. Just remember that you don't leave yourself any safety margin if you choose do that. I didn't see a huge improvement overexposing by a stop and printing down either, so if it's for telecine then I'd rate them at Fuji's recommended EI. My test was for print, so for telecine you probably have slightly more latitude.

Rating 1/3 or 2/3's of a stop under the Recommended EI works well ( 320 and 200 ). The 400T can become very muddy when underexposed. It has a much more noticeable grain than the 250D and a lower color saturation.

Are you finishing photochemically? The differences in Color can be easily matched in digital post.

I've found that the 8583 400T is not as low-con as I expected it to be, compared to 8573 500T. It seems to be a bit grainier than the 500T. I've found I can rate them both 1 stop under and print up, and still get a good image. Just remember that you don't leave yourself any safety margin if you choose do that. I didn't see a huge improvement overexposing by a stop and printing down either, so if it's for telecine then I'd rate them at Fuji's recommended EI. My test was for print, so for telecine you probably have slightly more latitude.