Nikon to PL?

Hi!,

I don´t know anything about these, but anyway:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...%3D1&_rdc=1

Kristian

Hello again!

I have another question. If i have a nikon mount lens, is there any way (perhaps by way of an adapter ring) to mount it on a PL mount camera? Is there such a product as a nikon to PL converter/adapter?

Hi!,

I don´t know anything about these, but anyway:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...%3D1&_rdc=1

Someone over at Reduser tried this adapter and it's crap. It makes the Nikon lenses macros, so therefore you can't focus to infinity. Also, the glass in it doesn't seem to be of great quality. If you are shooting on the RED then just put a Nikon mount on it. If on another camera, see if you can't find a rental house that can put a Nikon mount on instead of a PL mount.

Matthew

Hello again!

I have another question. If i have a nikon mount lens, is there any way (perhaps by way of an adapter ring) to mount it on a PL mount camera? Is there such a product as a nikon to PL converter/adapter?

Hi-

There are two Nikon to PL adapters I'm aware of, one is just a tube (no glass) that acts like an extension tube, so it's only useful for macro work, the other has glass and is something like a 1.6 tele-extender, which is useful if you're adding it to a longer lens already, not so useful on a wider lens, and you lose a stop and a half or two stops.

• 3 months later...

I own and rent out LETUS adapters.

I have the Letus Ultimate and Letus Elite... Both with all Lense mounts including PL mount, and the ROD SYSTEM needed for your camera.

These adapters only have a light loss of 1/2 stop. They are the best in the market.

Call me:

Joel

JOEL DEUTSCH, SOC

Director of Photography / Cam Op

Local 600, IATSE

EvidenceProductions.com