Best Boy and Electric and Fixing a Tungsten Light

I was offered a gig for Best Boy and Electric for a show but i need to know how to fix Tungsten lights. Is it very difficult. If not could someone describe to me how to go about fixing a tungsten light. I have alot of Technical knowledge and am a quick learner so im sure i could pick it up if i knew how to do it.

THanks

i need to know how to fix Tungsten lights...I have alot [sic] of Technical knowledge...

A blanket question like yours requires you to answer at least:

-Who makes the light?

-What is the fault of the supposed light in question?

-Do you have parts on hand?

-If no parts are on hand, who orders them?

Not trying to be a jerk, just being practical.

No pun intended.

-j

Edited by jeff woods

No offense intended, but if your asking this question, you not qualified. Repairing electrical problems in equipment is not something learned through an internet BBS. I had a problem with a guy who was a spark/lamp operator or electric, but couldn't wire an Edison.

if your asking this question, you not qualified.

With only a handful of posts under my belt, I wanted to say that, but figured I'd be "new guy friendly" :)

But yes, I second Mr. Hartman's reply; it's like going to a mechanic and asking "how do I fix a car?".

-j

With only a handful of posts under my belt, I wanted to say that, but figured I'd be "new guy friendly" :)

But yes, I second Mr. Hartman's reply; it's like going to a mechanic and asking "how do I fix a car?".

-j

The Job BTW is best boy electric. Frequently knowing how to do something isnt the key idea, knowing someone who does know is the key.

IF you feel you could do the other qualities of the job well, take it. hire someone who knows how to do the tasks you dont know to be there for you.