XDCAM HD Easy Setups Missing in FCP

Jerome White

Hello everyone,

I am trying to import my XDCAM (Sony EX-1) footage, but before I do so I need to choose the XDCAM easy set up. I have installed the latest XDCAM Transfer app and EX Clip Browser, and still no luck. When going to the Final Cut Pro Additional Easy Setups folder (Applications > Final Cut Pro Additional Easy Setups > English) I see the easy setups that I need but they do not show up in my FCP. How can I get this working? Help is greatly appreciated.

Software Specs:

Final Cut Pro 6.0.5

XDCAM Transfer 2.9.0

XDCAM EX ClipBrowser 2.00.00(209.409)

• Premium Member

You can't direclty import. You must use Log and Transferr (poop open-apple 8). That should, if you have the plugin for FCP installed, bring them in directly, as you would HVX footage. You then just point it where to look for the BPAV folder.

You need the FCP plugin installed, though not sure you need XDCam Transfer (i used it once, i think?)

You can't direclty import. You must use Log and Transferr (poop open-apple 8). That should, if you have the plugin for FCP installed, bring them in directly, as you would HVX footage. You then just point it where to look for the BPAV folder.

You need the FCP plugin installed, though not sure you need XDCam Transfer (i used it once, i think?)

Yes, I know I must use the Log and Transfer or either Import and select XDCAM. I used it before and selected XDCAM and it opens up via XDCAM Transfer. However, before I import my footage, I usually always set up my sequence via Easy Setup (Final Cut Pro > Easy Setup). I shot this show in 720p, 24fps, and I use to be able to select that setting in the easy setup but can no longer do that.

Hmm.. never did the easy setups myself. I just drag a clip to the time-line and tell it to "set for clip" when it asks me. I'm primarily an AVID guy.. but couldn't you also just make up a new "easy set up?" in FCP?

Yeah, I could. But having presets are just more of a convience. Greatly appreciate the help though.

Yeah, I could. But having presets are just more of a convience. Greatly appreciate the help though.

I found the solution via dvinfo.net. Thanks to Mitchell Lewis. Below is the solution.

1) In the Finder navigate to Macintosh HD>Applications>Final Cut Pro Additional Easy Setups>English. Scroll down and you'll see the XDCAM EX settings your missing (there are 10 of them)

2) Navigate to Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Final Cut Pro System Support>Custom Settings. So now you should have two windows open in the Finder.

3) Drag the 10 XDCAM EX files from Step #1 window into the second window Custom Settings folder.

Launch Final Cut Pro and you should now see XDCAM EX settings in your Easy Setup menu. This should make things a lot easier for you.