All Muslin non-flammable?

Newb DP looking for some good cheap muslin, saw this on amazon,

http://www.amazon.com/Fabric-com-108-Unble...d=26A0RFBSYNR2O

Think I could aim a 250-500w light at this pretty close?

What do you mean by "pretty close"?

I would use your head and not do anything that may start a fire. Have your seen one on a set? I have seen a few and it is not pretty.

The best advice I can give is don't do anything stupid and all sets should have fire extinguishers around. And the right type.

Best

Tim

What do you mean by "pretty close"?

I would use your head and not do anything that may start a fire. Have your seen one on a set? I have seen a few and it is not pretty.

The best advice I can give is don't do anything stupid and all sets should have fire extinguishers around. And the right type.

Best

Tim

I'd say within 5 feet. Yes, definitely will be using my head.

Pretty much all fiber-based fabric material used for the film and television industries are treated with flame retardant. In fact, I think (but not 100% sure) it is technically required by law to have ALL fabrics (drapes, window curtains, etc.) treated if they are to be used in any operating studio, at least here in NY state. That stuff that you want to buy off of Amazon, probably is NOT flame resistant at all.

-DW

Edited by Daniel Wallens

Pretty much all fiber-based fabric material used for the film and television industries are treated with flame retardant. In fact, I think (but not 100% sure) it is technically required by law to have ALL fabrics (drapes, window curtains, etc.) treated if they are to be used in any operating studio, at least here in NY state. That stuff that you want to buy off of Amazon, probably is NOT flame resistant at all.

-DW

I see, get what you pay for...

Guest Mike Andrade

More than likely if you don't buy it at a speciality shop or rental house its probably not flame retardant. I witnessed a set dresser walk behind a hot 2k with non treated fabric and just brushed the light with the loose fibers on a corner. It caught instantly.

This place has what your are looking for.

http://www.rosebrand.com/