Crew Websites?

Mike Washlesky

Things are super slow for me right now, and I am considering joining some of these crew sites just to get some new leads on projects. My question is; is it worth paying a subscription fee to join? I have had very limited success using Mandy.com, the one response I did get actually lead to a long a fruitful relationship which was great, but that was one out of a hundred over the past several years. I am thinking about joining Media-Match, but really dont feel like spending the cash on something that wont turn solid leads into actual projects, and they keep teasing me with these updates saying "project X matches your profile, here's a breif description, but you cant have the name till you give us money".

Does anyone have any better sites to check out, or are they all the same, and not worth the expense?

• Premium Member
Things are super slow for me right now, and I am considering joining some of these crew sites just to get some new leads on projects. My question is; is it worth paying a subscription fee to join? I have had very limited success using Mandy.com, the one response I did get actually lead to a long a fruitful relationship which was great, but that was one out of a hundred over the past several years. I am thinking about joining Media-Match, but really dont feel like spending the cash on something that wont turn solid leads into actual projects, and they keep teasing me with these updates saying "project X matches your profile, here's a breif description, but you cant have the name till you give us money".

Does anyone have any better sites to check out, or are they all the same, and not worth the expense?

I tried media match for a few months. Not one of the 6 or 7 projects that were listed that I initiated discussion with even bothered to respond. There were long form drama projects (not tv)

I never got a single hit from my listing, not even time wasters :-(

It may be they were swamped, or it may be the kind of thing where i just wasn't right. (a simple thanks but no thanks for the effort of wring an email would be nice)

So i cancelled it last month.

jb

I tried media match for a few months. Not one of the 6 or 7 projects that were listed that I initiated discussion with even bothered to respond. There were long form drama projects (not tv)

I never got a single hit from my listing, not even time wasters :-(

It may be they were swamped, or it may be the kind of thing where i just wasn't right. (a simple thanks but no thanks for the effort of wring an email would be nice)

So i cancelled it last month.

jb

I agree. A simple Thanks but No thanks would be nice. It seems kind of like a waste of money I guess. Thats dissapointing. I was hoping to get a response like: "Its the best idea ever, and I have been working steadily on well funded projects with great people ever since I signed up!" That would be sweet.

Nice reel BTW, John.

Edited by Mike Washlesky

• Premium Member
I agree. A simple Thanks but No thanks would be nice. It seems kind of like a waste of money I guess. Thats dissapointing. I was hoping to get a response like: "Its the best idea ever, and I have been working steadily on well funded projects with great people ever since I signed up!" That would be sweet.

Nice reel BTW, John.

Hi mike...thanks for the comments...

Well it might be different for you i don't know. I think it maybe depends on the kind of work you're looking for. It's a bit harder for me because I am based in Sydney although I can and do work in the US. I might be getting knocked out of any short lists a bit earlier.

jb