Honeycomb Grid, looking for a supplier

I initially was a litttle confused by you post, but I think Andrew nailed it. All I can add is to look at the websites of the major commercail lighting fixture manufacturers (Progress is one). Check the Thomas Register for others. Maybe visit a lighting showroom that is part of a electrical supply house. What effect are you trying to achieve?

No I am actually looking for a different material. It is aluminum honeycomb. We use it to control light and it works like the egg crate baffles. It is ridged and controls light much better. It is used in the aerospace industry and also for air filters. It is quite high tech and expensive. I'm seeing some figures of $22 a square foot. Since my project will need 24 square feet I am talking some expense.

Chimera repurposes the material. But again it is pricy.

http://www.chimeralighting.com/dspProduct.asp?productid=16

Because it is a common industrial material I am hoping to find an affordable supplier.

No I am actually looking for a different material. It is aluminum honeycomb. We use it to control light and it works like the egg crate baffles. It is ridged and controls light much better. It is used in the aerospace industry and also for air filters. It is quite high tech and expensive. I'm seeing some figures of $22 a square foot. Since my project will need 24 square feet I am talking some expense.

Chimera repurposes the material. But again it is pricy.

http://www.chimeralighting.com/dspProduct.asp?productid=16

Because it is a common industrial material I am hoping to find an affordable supplier.

Try Industrial Metal supply. It is used for aircraft structural members. It is VERY EXPENSIVE. some times IMS has a short end for sale cheap. You might also go by a airport repair shop and see if they have any leftovers or a local supplier. The stuff is SUPER delicate, even just the pressure from finger tips dents it severely.

IF you are bored PM me for an alternative, works well with low temp lights, KINOS etc.

Yes mcmaster carr does have them but they are super expensive for sure.

Just curious, why would you need honeycomb over eggcrates? There are many that think that there's less light loss with eggcrates than honeycomb filters. Of course, on some round fixtures, honeycomb is just more practical to use than eggcrate's square cells which wouldn't adapt well to a round type filter frame. I definitely see honeycomb being used more on hard type round open faced fixtures.