Super 16 film stock and lighting advice wanted

radar71

I'm shooting a music video next weekend. I just purchased a Kra-3 S16mm with Crystal motor.

THe shoot will be in a studio against a white cyc wall. I'll have limited lights:

-cyc lights and 2 small softs to light the wall evenly.

-a small lowell kit with 4 lights to illuminate the band.

-2 soft boxes to light the band, each with 3 300watt bulbs. i suppose this one's hand made.

i don't have to shoot the whole group at once.

i'm trying to achieve an overall total whiteness in the bg in order to composite over other footage and animated elements which will be shot/created later.

i would like to have the characters be low contrast sillouettes. but i would like to be able to see detail in the shadows. in fact, allot of detail, yet still be able to call them "sillouettes".

the film will be transferred through a spirit/davinci room. i understand i'll be able to do allot of the contrast/color work there in the room.

should i just light evenly and flat and do all the tricky stuff in the davinci? what stocks should i use? i would like it to be as tight and creamy as possible.

also, a silly question to most of you: how do i buy super 16mm film in daylight spools, is it just the same as regular 16mm?

lastly, i'll be using a tobin crystal motor, 24fps. i plan to create a quicktime movie with an smtp window burn over black and the audio in the sound track. i'll make this using fcp. this will be played using my laptop in place of a "smart slate". Should i adjust the time code settings somehow for film? any one have any experience with this? i did it once before and it worked although i do remember some pain synching it up.

Krasnagorst 3 uses daylight loads of 100'

check http://www.k3camera.com

i haven't used the camera yet (it arrives on wednesday!) but i have high hopes.

as long as i can figure out how to load it. it's been 10 years since film school.

Hey Radar71, do you also have a TCS sync motor for your k3?

Also I would love to see some stills from the Music Video shoot when its done,

Thanks,

Micah