Student Reel

Guest Phil Eisenberg

Guest Phil Eisenberg

I hesitated posting this here because the quality of work is so high, and mine really looks like it was done by a student (which it was).

I'd appreciate any feedback, and keep in mind I'm looking for an entry- to middle-level position: http://phileisenberg.com/Site/Demo%20Reel.html

oh, also, I'm changing the starting slide, so don't worry about that.

I hesitated posting this here because the quality of work is so high, and mine really looks like it was done by a student (which it was).

I'd appreciate any feedback, and keep in mind I'm looking for an entry- to middle-level position: http://phileisenberg.com/Site/Demo%20Reel.html

oh, also, I'm changing the starting slide, so don't worry about that.

I don't have time to rip it apart right now but I will come back later. :D In brief, the music put me to sleep. It was too long. Only use shots with high visual impact. You had some good stuff in there so why use anything less?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phil Eisenberg
I don't have time to rip it apart right now but I will come back later. :D In brief, the music put me to sleep. It was too long. Only use shots with high visual impact. You had some good stuff in there so why use anything less?

I appreciate the critique, and while I disagree with you about the music, I took out about 2 and a half minutes of excess. It's now distilled down to 1 minute that I think is pretty solid. Anyone else care to take a look?

• Premium Member

Music also put me to sleep a bit. It just didn't help the reel in my own opinion.

Also I would focus on 1 thing; either videographer/producer/editor you'd not want to mix all those into the same reel because what you'd want to show in a DP reel is not what you'd show in an editing reel, and a producing reel.. well I've personally never seen a producing reel.

You could use the catch-all "filmmaker" term but I dunno exactly how that reads.

Just my opinion.