Panavision user manuals?

Hey everyone,

I've got my first Panavision job coming up as 2nd Unit, 1st AC and was wondering if anyone had user manuals or links to manuals for Panavision's cameras they could share. I have lots of experience and training on all of the Arri brand gear, but need to bone up on Panavision's stuff. Specificly the G-II "Golden" Panaflex; I understand this is one of the older models. I do own an old copy of the Panaflex book, but it doesn't get very specific into the gear. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

- John

• Premium Member

Make sure you ask at checkout for the tech to show you the oil points. I remember thinking the manual illustration was remarkably unclear about that the first time I worked with a panaflex.

• Premium Member
I've got Millennium manual, but have been searching endlessly for an XL manual, especially an XL threading diagram. Anywhere?

Thanks

threading a panaflex is threading a panaflex

threading a panaflex is threading a panaflex

The XL has a different threading path than the regular Millenium. It has two sprocket rollers as opposed to the one big one, and is really the only majorly different Panavision to thread. The Panastar has a few extra rollers, but still has pretty much the same movement.

• Premium Member
The XL has a different threading path than the regular Millenium. It has two sprocket rollers as opposed to the one big one, and is really the only majorly different Panavision to thread. The Panastar has a few extra rollers, but still has pretty much the same movement.

There are little differences, true, but if you've done any one of them the others become self-evident.

There are little differences, true, but if you've done any one of them the others become self-evident.

Chris feel free to email me at sean.strong@panavision.com. I can send you an XL threading file. It may not be in the Panavision Media area. Mike thanks for pointing out the differences between the cameras when it comes to threading. The XL it is not as easy to load as people might think when they first start using it. The movement area you are working with is smaller, there is a modified film path and there are combatablity checks that need to be made when using older magazines.