lightest 35mm camera : For Remote Conrol Helicopter

puneet puri

Freinds,

I have a requirement to put a 35mm camera on a remote control helicopter for fly by and low altitude aerial work. Weight limit is 3.5kg-4Kg(max) for full config.

I was looking at alan gordans modified eyemo , bell and howell camera setup.

http://www.alangordon.com/s_filmcam35_slamcam.html.

Please can you suggest a light weight 35mm camera ?

- which does not cost much. below 4K USD

- has reflex

- Preferably uses crystal for accurate fps

http://www.birdyfly.com/ukindex.htm has a light weight 35mm camera , I was wondering who can do work to create this ?

I don't have requirements to do complex alterations to camera config during shoot in flight so a simple config will suffice.

Thanks

Puneet

PS: I am very new to 35mm cameras

Edited by puneet puri

" I have a requirement to put a 35mm camera on a remote control helicopter for fly by and low altitude aerial work. Weight limit is 3.5kg-4Kg(max) for full config."

I own a super lightweight 35mm camera that was made specifically for a remote control helicopter by an Italian manufacturer who specializes in them. He built it for me from carbon fiber and kevlar. It will carry a 500' load and still weighs under 3 kg. It has a B/W video tap and runs on AA batteries, crystal synch from 4-48 fps in 1/10th frame increments.

BUT, it is not under $4G. The camera is for sale complete with 2- 500' mags and 2- 1000' mags, cases and everything for $20,000. That is 50% of the original cost.

Please contact me off list if you want more info and pictures.

Roberto Schaefer, asc

ganzo@ganzoltd.com

Freinds,

I have a requirement to put a 35mm camera on a remote control helicopter for fly by and low altitude aerial work. Weight limit is 3.5kg-4Kg(max) for full config.

Russian , AKS-5, size 120 x 95 x 90 mm, weight near 1.5 kg.

Film magazine of 15 m.

Other idea, to upgrade of reflex Konvas-2M camera with 60 m film magazine ( lighten).

The details, by PM.