Krasnagorsk 1 Cameras

Gillian Luhman

Recently I have come across a slew of K1 cameras for sale on Ebay for relatively cheap. I have been researching them and would like to know if anyone has worked with this camera before? If so what are your thoughts?

Thank You.

here is a link to one of them for reference

Ebay K1

There's this information on Olex's website.

I think it can be summed up as being similar to the more popular K3, but originally came with three prime lenses rather than a zoom. Rather than accept 100ft daylight spools, they use a reloadable 100ft magazine. A lot depends on whether you mind respooling and loading the magazine in the dark yourself, as the original spools of film to drop straight in them are long gone!

There's this information on Olex's website.

I think it can be summed up as being similar to the more popular K3, but originally came with three prime lenses rather than a zoom. Rather than accept 100ft daylight spools, they use a reloadable 100ft magazine. A lot depends on whether you mind respooling and loading the magazine in the dark yourself, as the original spools of film to drop straight in them are long gone!

Thank you for reference onmy website.

As for me, I love of Krasnogorsk-1 more from Krasnogrosk-3.

Yes, A film cartridge system of film loading show a some other, but , from practical side, this better from system of 100ft daylight spools.

K-1 do not have of aspout film guide, and you do not have of additional probability to scratch of film.

The film cartridge of K-1 simply and reliable.

K-1 film cartridge protect of film at all time and you can open of lid of body of camera at any time and check of film inside film tract, re-load of film on film tract and film do not light.

Yes, you need rewind of film on original core of K-1 film cartridge, but, this is easy procedure.

K-1 have lens mount and you can use of prime lenses of K-1 camera, zoom lens Meteor from K-2, K-3 camera with bayonet mount and you can use upgraded professional zoom lens 16 OPF-12 10-100 mm, 7.5 -75 mm.

But, I can forecast of a next questions of K-1( K-3 ) user.

1. What kinds of lenses with more wide angle can be use with K-1, K-3 camera.

Answers :

If you have M42 screw mount camera - Peleng 8 mm.

If you have bayonet mount K-1, K-2, K-3 cameras - 12.5 mm lens of K-1 camera, upgraded 10-100mm, 7.5-75 mm with bayonet mount.

2. I wish upgrade of K-1, K-3 on electrical motor version with crystal sync speed control.

Answer : The upgrade do not economically sound, the better, to replace of camera on Kinor-16 SX-2M.

3. I wish use of 400 ft rolls.

Answer :The upgrade do not economically sound, the better, to replace of camera on Kinor-16 SX-2M.

That's why, The potential customer must think about future and answer on question, may be Kinor-16 SX-2M camera will better ?

Kinor-16 SX-2M can use of 100 ft, 400 ft film rolls, have electrical motor and can have crystal sync speed control, can have prime lenses from 6 mm up to 300 mm, zoom lenses 7.5-75 mm, 10-100 mm.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

those K-carts are very useful if you have to switch between

stocks very often during the shoot. single cartridges are lot more easier to handle than

2 daylight spools which have to be handled and stored together if you don't want to cut your

neg into pieces <_<

I tried this switching method in Norway last year, I had 50D in some mags and

500T in the other mags. When I needed extra speed I simply switched the mags.

My K2- mags cant handle more than 20m of film without problems. In Norway

I used 15m loads :unsure:

My K2- mags cant handle more than 20m of film without problems. In Norway

I used 15m loads :unsure:

The original core of K1/K2 cartridge must have outside diameter of 15.8 mm, and diameter of hole inside of core - 2 mm. The height of core 15.4 mm

The roll of film on K1/K3 cartridge core must be do not more 80 mm.

The 80 mm roll included 30 m of 16 mm film.

• Premium Member
The original core of K1/K2 cartridge must have outside diameter of 15.8 mm, and diameter of hole inside of core - 2 mm. The height of core 15.4 mm

The roll of film on K1/K3 cartridge core must be do not more 80 mm.

The 80 mm roll included 30 m of 16 mm film.

the film was maybe little conical or there was some problem with the counter.

The film made up too much resistance and the sprocket wheel ripped the perfs....this happened with all cartrs.

as I remember, my cores were that 15.8 / 2mm type.

I have to service the mags again and check the problem.

#as I remember, the K1 cores have bigger inner hole than K2 cores.

the mags are little different anyway and can't be switched betw. cameras without modifications.

(K1 camera has bigger aligning pin)

Edited by aapo lettinen