17EP motor repair

Donald Riley

I'm trying to find someone that can repair a 17EP motor. I bought it with a Konvas 2M. It had one circuit board attached to the outside of it. I tried to jam the circuit board to fit into the inside of it, and of course screwed it up. The motor still runs, but the speed doesn't change and the power button doesn't do anything now.

• Premium Member
I'm trying to find someone that can repair a 17EP motor. I bought it with a Konvas 2M. It had one circuit board attached to the outside of it. I tried to jam the circuit board to fit into the inside of it, and of course screwed it up. The motor still runs, but the speed doesn't change and the power button doesn't do anything now.

You must have found Olex if you've been into the archives at all. He fixes and modifies them (he has done 2 of mine). Bruce at Aranda Film in Australia has a modification too. Bernie at Super16 Inc. in upstate NY services and repairs lots of Konvai here in the states. It's very curious that there was an external circuit board on your motor, someone must have been monkeying with it before.

Good luck!

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

The original electronics of 17EP-16 APK motor have 4 PCs and one mather board inside.

If the motor run at maximum speed without one circuit board inside - to burn down of output stage of electronics.

The similar situation can be with all boards inside.

If the electronics burn down, the motor can run at maximum speed or do not run anyways.

Yes, of course, you can ask me about repair or upgrade of electronics of 17EP-16 APK motor and any other motors of cinecameras too.

P.S

The our last generation of microprocessor controllers of motors of cine cameras have Time Lapse function.

The controller have 21 crystal sync speeds :

6.25 8.0 10.0 12.0 12.5 15.0 16.0 16.666 20.0 23.976 24.0 25.0 29.97 30.0 32.0 33.333

36.0 40.0 48.0 50.0 60.0

and Time Lapse Mode, with Time of waiting of next shoot, ( sec )

1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30, 60, 120, 240, 600 900, speed of Shutter 1/8 s (0.125 s).

The controller have film counter and LCD display