Films shot on Fuji 400T

DavidSloan

Guest dpforum1968

I've shot a lot of stock footage on Fuji 60D. Very nice stock, comparable to 5245.

Many people feel that Fuji is better for blue and green, while Kodak is better for red and yellow.

If I was shooting the rolling hills of Ireland I might use Fuji, for sunsets Kodak.

RDCB

• Premium Member

Fuji F-400T is a rather soft, pastel, low-con stock with visible grain. I used it for about a third of "Northfork" (the rest was F-125T). Roger Deakins shot the first section of "A Beautiful Mind" on it, flashing it with yellow light. Haskell Wexler shot a lot of "61*" on it, for interiors. The TV series "The Division" and "Strong Medicine" are shot in Super-16 on it for interiors (it's flattering to women).

Personally, I wouldn't use it in Super-16 -- I think it's a little too soft and grainy. In 35mm, I'd suggest rating it slower, like at 250 ASA.

Fuji is possibly going to release an improved version of it after they release the new F-500T stock (8573) in February.

Guest Daniel J. Ashley-Smith
Many people feel that Fuji is better for blue and green, while Kodak is better for red and yellow.

Yes, Kodak stocks look comparably "warmer" than Fuji stocks.

Fuji colours I find to be more neutral, more real. Kodak seems to enhance.

Personally, I like Fuji.

I always say to customers, Fuji for landscapes, Kodak for portraits.

• Premium Member
Yes, Kodak stocks look comparably "warmer" than Fuji stocks.

Fuji colours I find to be more neutral, more real. Kodak seems to enhance.

Personally, I like Fuji.

I always say to customers, Fuji for landscapes, Kodak for portraits.

Although the motion-picture films and still films use similar technology, there are significant differences. So you can't generalize your experience in a consumer photo lab to professional motion picture products.