Decline and Fall (Shot on Canon 5D Mark II)

Hey!

I made a thread some time ago wherein I solicited people to give me some comments on some stills from my film. I guess it was hard to tell anything from those, so I hope you can give me some input on moving images. The dialogue is in Swedish, so I guess you won't understand it.

But in brief, it's a short film about the dark sides of humanity - taken to its extremities. Charlie, the protagonist, stops at a bar in Stockholm, an early morning, for a beer and to tell a story about obscenity, cannibalism, lost indignation and murderous Swinger-couples.

I basically directed, operated, lighted, and edited the whole thing, of course I had help from my friends. And real kudos to them, but they were pretty inexperienced, in fact most of them had never worked on a set before. So please give me any critique you want.

http://www.vimeo.com/5085106

The password is: voodoofilm

I don't think you'll spread the film over the whole internet, but please don't.

Cheers!

• Premium Member
I guess my Mac is too slow or something because I can't get it to play at normal speed. Unless the short is a series of still images...

Wouldn't play for me on my mac or pc even with HD turned off, it just shows stills. The bar scene looks good but the living room scene looks very blown.

It might be just all that white in the room.

Hm, that doesn't sound too good. My very slow PC can play the video without any problems... And I haven't heard any complaints from others. Haha, I don't mean to suggest that you're lying, it's just troubling that two consecutive posters have experienced this.