Nikon R-10: I need to know something

John Adolfi

I'm not sure with your camera what it'll do. I'm familiar with E64T, but to what are you referring when you are talking about D100?

The new Plus-X? Aren't there labs that can now override and process it at the normal 50 again? Because the new speed rating is actually just a push because they were lazy when designing the new chemistry.

Can't you manually override?

I do know that, with B&W, you do not want a correction filter swinging into place, you just want to overrate a third of a stop and shoot without filtration (as film is less sensitive to the more ruddy tungsten illumination).

I'm not sure with your camera what it'll do. I'm familiar with E64T, but to what are you referring when you are talking about D100?

The Nikon R10 can read the 64T notch so it should expose correctly assuming the lightmeter is still working.

I'm pretty sure it can read the 100D notch too, but you may have to check that.

My experiences with 3 Nikon R-10 cameras :

With the Wittnerchrome 100 ( Ektachrome 100 ) you have to close the aperture by 2/3 steps,

With the Wittnerchrome V50 ( Velvia ) the same .

If you put in the filter-key, there is no difference, the aperture doesn`t change.

I don`t know about Spectra films etc.

At the Nikon R-10 you can easily close the aperture at the side of the camera ( for all shootings ).

Kind regards

Henry