Bauer Users?

Steve Daniels

I use a Bauer A512 that is the same camera, but has an other lens (6-70mm). I like it very much, but recently I use more my NIZO professinal, because the Bauer does not recognize the new Kodak 64 ASA stock and would overexpose slightly. Of course this can be corrected manually with the manual iris control.

The features of both cameras, the nizo and the Bauer are very similar, and I like especially the longtime exposure feature that allows to shoot in nearly total darkness timelapse.

I have used Bauer cameras for a while now and have a Bauer A512 and a S7145XL, they are excellent cameras. I do have a Nizo 6080 and a 561, but I find the Bauers give much sharper and rock solid steady images, they're easier to use to, I prefer them over the Nizos.

P

I have used Bauer cameras for a while now and have a Bauer A512 and a S7145XL, they are excellent cameras. I do have a Nizo 6080 and a 561, but I find the Bauers give much sharper and rock solid steady images, they're easier to use to, I prefer them over the Nizos.

P

Cool. This is great to hear. I love my Nizo 801 Macro but keeping a fresh mercury/ zinc-air battery on hand is sometimes a hassle. Thanks for the response.

I use a Bauer A512 that is the same camera, but has an other lens (6-70mm). I like it very much, but recently I use more my NIZO professinal, because the Bauer does not recognize the new Kodak 64 ASA stock and would overexpose slightly. Of course this can be corrected manually with the manual iris control.

The features of both cameras, the nizo and the Bauer are very similar, and I like especially the longtime exposure feature that allows to shoot in nearly total darkness timelapse.

Thanks for the info. I don't shoot a lot of color, so good in that ASA dept. Looking forward to shooting with this sucker.

• 2 weeks later...

The NIZO professinal does not need this extra battery, that is what makes her really better compared to the 801 macro, as I doubt that the sound sync features will be used often. Still if it was not for the new Kodak T64 I would also prefer the BAUER I love how the handgrip design. Does anyone have da manual that describes how to change the exposure reading in the Bauers? I know that they can be modyfied.

Daniel

I am definitely a Bauer guy. I have a few Bauers and I love all of them. Excellent lenses, good variety of features and thoughtful ergonomics. I have a Porst 1500XL (Bauer 715XL), S 209 XL and a C 900 XLM. The 715 is a fine if not slightly overrated camera, but in my opinion the 209 and the 900 are Bauer's top cameras. They are pretty much identical; the 900 is silent while the 209 is the sound version. The 715 has incredible zoom lens but the 900/209 has a faster lens and fewer elements which I think results in a slightly brighter, crisper image. The 715 also weighs a ton and requires some modification to get on a tripod (the tripod hole is at the far rear of the camera body). The weight and feel of the 900 is near-perfect.

I'm a run-and-gun kind of photographer; I like to have a camera that is lightweight, with a good lens, and I can just pull it out and start shooting. Don't know what your circumstances are but I hope this was helpful.

Got my A508. I like it's thick robustness. It runs incredibly smooth and quiet like my Nizo. I gotta say though, the viewfinder isn't large and bright, and the zoom/macro lever is small and awkward. Hopfully the image it produces out weighs these small quips.