Lighting for fashion photography

DavidSloan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

One book I've found quite helpful is Steven Bavister's "Lighting for Glamour" (ISBN: 1883403863 ), which is good because it has really good lighting diagrams, from a range of photographers.

This book is part of a Rotovision series on lighting subjects such as, interiors, food & drink, nudes, portraits.

HTH,

Kim Sargenius

cinematographer

sydney

hey guys-

in 2003 i think i probably lit as many major fashion magazine covers as any other 1st photo assistant out there. also, i was sante d'orazio's 1st for two years and can easily explain that technique, which is like herb ritts - who sadly died of aids a couple years back - but much better (herb isn't considered that great, and wasn't really a fashion photographer anyway). i also worked for tiziano magni whom you can google, but i don't know what you'll find as he has sort of fallen out with the big magazines. still, tiziano was the best i ever worked for. besides them there's probably been 100 other people, and the ones i didn't work with i probably know their 1st or at least can tell you what they are doing. if you want to show me a particular story maybe i can help you, but probably you won't find any books worth the paper they're printed on about fashion photography. someone already said to check out the newsstands and they are right. hell in new york every corner has one and one routinely finds famous photographers sitting there looking at the pages saying to themselves "i coulda done that better"!

jk :ph34r: