Time-lapse assembly in RAW

I have starting to shoot RAW with a digital SLR when I shoot time-lapse, and have encountered a problem in post.

I edit the RAW media (crop, color, exposure, ect…) in Lightroom2, and export to jpeg in a separate folder. The jpegs reflect all my edits, but as soon as I assemble them in Quicktime Pro, or Final Cut. I loose a lot of the vibrancy of the colors. I'm shooting in RAW so I have more versatility in editing, but something goes wrong when I assemble the jpegs. Anyone else experience this problem? What software do you use to assemble the photos?

I have attached a screen photograph of what the two color representations look like.

The shot on the left is what the assembly looks like (Quick Time application). The shot on the right is what the original edited photograph looks like (Preview application).

post-17836-1247409901.jpg

This seems like a colorspace issue. You are saying that the JPEGs look fine in the exported folder, so it cannot be an export issue.

You need to make sure the colorspace of the project in FCP matches the export colorspace.

If you have After Effects, you can ingest the RAW files into AE, process them with ACR, then export to Prores or some other intermeditate to import into your NLE. That might possibly fix your problem.