toe-in(stereoscopic question)

Hello,

special 3D stereoscopic question:

is it better toe-in on the lens' nodal point,film plane or camera's body?

If the convergence(toe in) can be adjust on the lens' nodal point or film plane,will the keystone effect be improved?

Thanks a lot :rolleyes:

Hello,

special 3D stereoscopic question:

is it better toe-in on the lens' nodal point,film plane or camera's body?

If the convergence(toe in) can be adjust on the lens' nodal point or film plane,will the keystone effect be improved?

Thanks a lot :rolleyes:

can I suggest you don't toe-in at all? then you'll have no keystone effect...

if you do toe-in, you'll need to find the film plane - assuming we're using the same terminology :lol:

can I suggest you don't toe-in at all? then you'll have no keystone effect...

if you do toe-in, you'll need to find the film plane - assuming we're using the same terminology :lol:

Hi Russel,

thanks for your reply.

as you know there are different point of view.I prefere don't toe-in and do it in post but there are different stereographer that prefere do it in shot.This was the reason for my question.

I don't understend your last sentence(about film plane).Could you explain it to me please?

My question was:what is it the right point(pivot/rotation point)to toe-in the camera?

All the best!!!

Hi Russel,

thanks for your reply.

as you know there are different point of view.I prefere don't toe-in and do it in post but there are different stereographer that prefer do it in shot.This was the reason for my question.

I don't understend your last sentence(about film plane).Could you explain it to me please?

My question was:what is it the right point(pivot/rotation point)to toe-in the camera?

All the best!!!

yes I figured you'd say that (about hte toe-in/ no toe-in :P )

my answer was that, as long as we're using the same phrases, the film plane is the correct rotation point. (I've never called it a 'film plane" so I'm assuming what you mean by that). Having said that, your keystone won't be improved, but your stereo would be.

Keystoning is a result of the vertical parallax that toe-in introduces, so while the keystoning would be more accurate when you identify the correct rotation point, it doesn't follow that by correctly rotating , your keystoning would be reduced.

an example would be if your original rotation point caused you to effectively rotate the cameras *less*. if that happened, your correct toe-in would increase the keystoning.