HELP The Ukrainian Journalists of the State television channel have declared the permanent hunger strike

Hi colleagues.

Ukrainian TV journalists of "51 TV channel " ask of your help.

May be, you can help and give information (e-mails, Webs ) of News departments of TV channels, who can interested information about "freedom of speech" at Ukraine.

" The Ukrainian Journalists of the Dnepropetrovsk State television channel “51” have declared the permanent hunger strike in token protest against unprecendented pressure on TV channel on the part of governor ".

( sorry, text at russian )

http://www.gorod.dp.ua/news/news.php?id=18540

This is real people's TV channel at Dnepropetrovsk. ( Ukraine )

You can send me information on my private email olex.camera@gmail.com

" The Ukrainian Journalists of the Dnepropetrovsk State television channel “51” have declared the permanent hunger strike in token protest against unprecendented pressure on TV channel on the part of governor ".

P.S

You can see of TV appeal of Journalists of the Dnepropetrovsk State television channel “51”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67yYodcQPrY...re=channel_page

The additional information.

The Journalists Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine, State TV channel “51” have declared the permanent hunger strike in token protest against unprecendented pressure on телеканал on the part of governor .

About this is spoken in message 51 channels , which text disposes the information agency NEW BRIDGE .

Journalists 51 channels have declared the permanent hunger strike in token protest against unprecendented pressure on TV channel on the part of governor Dnepropetrovsk Viktora Bondar. Beside TV channel are arrested count, silent telephones, impossible buy gas for outside TV news, repair and contain television equipment. On length last 8 of the months on TV channel passed 10 checks checking State institutions. The Journalists require meeting with President of the Ukraine Viktorom Yuschenko to defend the TV channel and protect the freedom of speech, human right and right of the choice , - is spoken in message.

As earlier reported of information agency NEW BRIDGE .

, April 30 2009 Central administrative board of Ministry of Internal Affairs at Dnepropetrovsk area has agitated the criminal deal on fact by occupation by fraud by property in specifically large size Dnepropetrovsk TV state channel, which leads Victoria Shilova.

the March 12 governor Dnepropetrovsk area Viktor Bondar addresses to managament of Central administrative board of Ministry of Internal Affairs at Dnepropetrovsk area , checking-revisory management and State committee of TV and radio with request about undertaking the check comparatively no-purpose of the use by director Dnepropetrovsk TV 51 channel of 5 million Grivna., chosen by regional budget in 2008.

The original text :

Журналисты «Днепропетровского Государственного телеканала» объявили бессрочную голодовку в знак протеста против «беспрецедентного давления на телеканал со стороны губернатора».

Об этом говорится в сообщении «51 канала», текстом которого располагает ИА «НОВЫЙ МОСТ».

«Журналисты «51 канала» объявили бессрочную голодовку в знак протеста против беспрецедентного давления на телеканал со стороны губернатора Днепропетровщины Виктора Бондаря. У телеканала арестованы счета, отключены телефоны, невозможно купить бензин для выезда на съемки, ремонтировать и содержать телевизионное оборудование. На протяжении последних 8-ми месяцев на телекомпании прошло 10 проверок контролирующих органов. Журналисты требуют встречи с Президентом Украины Виктором Ющенко, чтобы отстоять телеканал и защитить свободу слова, права человека и право выбора», - говорится в сообщении.

Как ранее сообщало ИА «НОВЫЙ МОСТ», 30 апреля 2009 года ГУМВД в Днепропетровской области возбудило уголовное дело по факту завладения путем мошенничества имуществом в особо крупных размерах Днепропетровской областной государственной телерадиокомпании («Днiпропетровський державний»), которую возглавляет Виктория Шилова.

12 марта губернатор Днепропетровской области Виктор Бондарь обратится к руководству ГУ МВД Украины в Днепропетровской области, контрольно-ревизионному управлению и Государственному комитету телерадиовещания с просьбой о проведении проверок относительно нецелевого использования директором Днепропетровского государственного телеканала 5 млн. грн., выделенных областным бюджетом в 2008 году.

• Premium Member

What I understand is that you have a regional governor applying sanctions against a TV news organisation. Presumably the governor doesn't like the organisation's politics - what's caused this?

You can probably expect broad support for the principle of a free press. What you may also find is that people expect this sort of behaviour from ex-USSR states, on the basis that this is how things used to be with everything under state control.

P

What I understand is that you have a regional governor applying sanctions against a TV news organisation.

Yes, our regional governon wish see on TV only good news and praise of executive power and

suppress of any news about real situation of our life.

On last week, our sanitation company, regional monopolist, to level up prices at 150%.

And, only "51 channel " to show of press conference about discontent of citizens.

I do not told about unemployment and advance in the cost of living.

The our regional governor propose of personal money on foods for hungry journalists, and do not more.

You can probably expect broad support for the principle of a free press. What you may also find is that people expect this sort of behaviour from ex-USSR states, on the basis that this is how things used to be with everything under state control.

Yes, the many ukrainian, russian funds and a some politicians to countenance of strike of journalists and i hope, we uphold of freedom of speech.

I do not work on TV, but, i have many friends and colleagues on TV.

And i can't to go by.

• Premium Member

Your country could do like the USA. Let unrelated corporations buy up your TV and replace anyone possessing a conscious with willing do-what-they're-told-to-do robots who manufacture idiotic gibberish in the not-so-thinly-veiled guise of news. News still matters to your people because it seems like an avenue of positive social change. We've pretty much given up on that happening, here. Though, the news programs are a truly fantastic place to get some hefty laughs.

The 5' days, journalists to hunger.

On this day, the government official to issue an order to retire of leader of journalists of "51 channel " to directors of "51 channel " Viktoriya Shilova.

The deputy director of "51 channel" deferred at law-enforcement state office the day before yesterday.

This is result of pressure on State machinery from governor Dnepropetrovsk Viktora Bondar.

The first political leaders of Ukraine do not visit of striker,however, to had work visit to Dnepropetrovsk yesterday.

This is real fase of freedom of speech at Ukraine.

News, today.

The translation of official order of General director of State committee of TV and radio of Ukraine.

"On today, in Dnepropetrovsk regional state TV-radio company through conflict of the general director to company Shilovoy V.V with local organ of power and broad circle to public formed the situation, which does not allow effectively to work TV-radio company, creating at condition for biassed of the elucidation event in region.

For the reason adjusting the relations between Dnepropetrovsk state TV-radio company and regional state administration, considering term company non-execution of the state contract on production and spreading TV-radio shows and programms accepted decision of the termination of employment general director Shilovoy V.V with occupied to job titles."

Original order :

http://comin.kmu.gov.ua/control/uk/publish...mp;cat_id=64654

http://gorod.dp.ua/news/news.php?id=18668

Hi Olex,

It's so sad to hear of people suffering.

I was watching newsnight (BBC2) a couple of weeks ago and they reported on the killing of a peace activist out there. She's not the only one to have been murdered.

Anybody that tries to expose the state of your nation gets killed.

There seems, at the moment, to be very little room for freedom as the political complications are immense. But hope must never be lost.

I wish your tv colleagues peaceful success.

P.S As I read that post there was an advert at the top of the page that headlined "Find your Ukrainian Beauty today!"

I mean c'mon....WTF?

Hi Olex,

It's so sad to hear of people suffering.

I was watching newsnight (BBC2) a couple of weeks ago and they reported on the killing of a peace activist out there. She's not the only one to have been murdered.

Anybody that tries to expose the state of your nation gets killed.

There seems, at the moment, to be very little room for freedom as the political complications are immense. But hope must never be lost.

I wish your tv colleagues peaceful success.

P.S As I read that post there was an advert at the top of the page that headlined "Find your Ukrainian Beauty today!"

I mean c'mon....WTF?

Hi Serge

Thank you very much for countenance of our Journalists

Yes, we live at beauty country, but, a some politics think, what they god and can do any, what they wish.

And i hope, our Journalists do not lost of honesty.

If we lost of freedom of speech, we lost of freedom at our life.

Ukrainian TV journalists of "51 TV channel " stopped of hunger strike at 24.07 after received of phone call from assistant of President of Ukraine with invitation to discuss of situation with "51 TV channel" at monday.

The leader of strikers Viktoria Shioiva was hospitalize at Friday to regional hospital at faint.

I hope, the strike to showed of real faces of our local officials for all peoples .

We will have elections of President of Ukraine and peoples can do of correct choose.

Thank you very much of all guys.

I think, we can close of this topic.