Mounting on a swing

Rolfe Klement

Some help needed - This is more of a grip question but I need to mount a 2C camera on a swing - to get a shot like this from "Abril Despedaçado" by Walter Salles-

abril_despedacado06.jpg

without using a unit like this

Foto%208.jpg

The swing needs to be free to swing. I am thinking the person sits on a T shape structure - so they can use their legs to swing and the camera mounted on the long arm of the T - the girl has angel wings so there must be space behind her for them

Any ideas

Thanks

R

Edited by Rolfe Klement

Guest Andy Sparaco
Any ideas

Speed Rail, C-Clamps and nylon strapping with a tie-down ratchet. And oversize chains and a seat belt on the swing, don't want your angel to fly away during the shot.

• Premium Member

Hi,

Speed rail is very expensive aluminium scaffolding, that is, a two-inch diameter tube system with various clamps and grips.

You can safely emulate most of what it does with normal scaff, but it's often better to buy aluminium tube as opposed to steel - which is heavy and rusts - and it is quite expensive.

Phil

I think you are on the right track. But i'd think about putting a ?T? on the camera end also and attach two more chains. The four chain system should keep your rig pretty solid. There is a two person swing called a glider build on the same principle. Just make sure the chains and rigging are strong enough.