Please Help...Choosing a DOF 35mm Adapter

Ryan Gatt

I am about to purchase a 35mm adapter for my z1 and ex3 cameras. I narrowed my choice to 2 products. The choice is between the redrock encore M2 and the SG Blade (SG PRO)? Please someone help me with this.

It is really up to you. Do your research and look at a lot of footage. Ultimately, I decided on the SGblade (the SGpro is an older model) because of how well it works with my camera (an XH-A1). Personally, I've heard that the Redrock M2 loses more light than it says it does - I had a friend shoot a thesis film with it and he said he was losing between 2-4 stops of light instead of the advertised 1/2. But I've never used it so I can't say beyond what I've heard.

However, I can vouch for the SGblade - it's a fine piece of machinery and it works really well with my camera. I love the battery life, I love the look of the Rotorazor spinning elements, I like how it only loses about a half stop of light. The build of the machine itself is sleek and well made, feels really sturdy in your hands.

+1 about the movietube,

But there was something in the In Production thread that used the SG Blade and the results looked really impressive, I've never used it, but I've used the Redrock and I much prefer all the other adapters I've used including P+S and Movietube.

+1 about the movietube,

But there was something in the In Production thread that used the SG Blade and the results looked really impressive, I've never used it, but I've used the Redrock and I much prefer all the other adapters I've used including P+S and Movietube.

Yes I remember that feature film used it, i've heard lots of good things about the SG Blade.

I've never used the Redrock but I've never been impressed by their other products, really don't like the Letus.