Stop Motion Cable

Amber Fariss

Hi everyone!

I'm a film student and recently bought a K3 and was wondering if anyone knew where to get a cable that connects to the hole on the side for stop motion single frame shots? I asked my cinematography teacher today and he said to ask around online, but I also live in San Francisco so if anyone maybe knew of anywhere around there also?

• Premium Member
Hi everyone!

I'm a film student and recently bought a K3 and was wondering if anyone knew where to get a cable that connects to the hole on the side for stop motion single frame shots? I asked my cinematography teacher today and he said to ask around online, but I also live in San Francisco so if anyone maybe knew of anywhere around there also?

Hi Amber,

can't check right now, but I seem to remember that the K3 uses a standard photo cable release. You should be able to get that at any decent photo store. Just bring your K3 and see if ti fits.

Cheers, Dave

Hi Amber,

can't check right now, but I seem to remember that the K3 uses a standard photo cable release. You should be able to get that at any decent photo store. Just bring your K3 and see if ti fits.

Cheers, Dave

Correct, just a normal mechanical camera cable release. However, what I found with my K3 was that it has quite a strong spring.

Depending on the design of cable release, I found some would just 'stretch' without actually firing the camera. If you're able to take the camera with you then I'd recommend actually testing in the shop to ensure the release is strong enough to activate the shutter.