Results of a Little Testing

Jon Wood

Okay, so I tried some Color Negative Vision2 200T, Color Negative Vision3 500T, Ektachrome 100D, and Velvia Reversal 50Din my eBay untested $85 Canon 814 Auto Zoom. You can view/download a two minute video of the results here http://gallery.me.com/ckolony#100009&v...black&sel=0 . The video changes film in the order above. You can easily tell the change from the high speed to low speed stock. Apologizes for the somewhat poor video quality. I'm still trying to get Final Cut Express and iMovie to play nice. Overall, I was impressed that the camera worked, and all the film stock seemed to work nicely with the various light conditions, especially in the low light. There is some jitter in the 100D and 50D pieces. I think I need to pay more attention to how I load the cartridges. Any advice on ways to reduce this would be appreciated.

youtube link is probably a little better

Okay, so I tried some Color Negative Vision2 200T, Color Negative Vision3 500T, Ektachrome 100D, and Velvia Reversal 50Din my eBay untested $85 Canon 814 Auto Zoom. You can view/download a two minute video of the results here http://gallery.me.com/ckolony#100009&v...black&sel=0 . The video changes film in the order above. You can easily tell the change from the high speed to low speed stock. Apologizes for the somewhat poor video quality. I'm still trying to get Final Cut Express and iMovie to play nice. Overall, I was impressed that the camera worked, and all the film stock seemed to work nicely with the various light conditions, especially in the low light. There is some jitter in the 100D and 50D pieces. I think I need to pay more attention to how I load the cartridges. Any advice on ways to reduce this would be appreciated.