Critique my Romantic thriller!

link to my trailer: http://www.vimeo.com/7205896

Hi all

Kindly critique the trailer of my Tamil feature film 'Yean Ippadi Mayakkinai' (the title means 'why did u mesmerise like this') of genre 'Romantic thriller'. this is my fourth feature film (as DoP) slotted to release this December.

entirely shot on Arri 435 super 35 format on Kodak Vision 3 stocks with Ultra Prime lens...and thereafter DI. what u view now is a 2K scan compressed to 720 for dvd ...and upload.

Your feedback on the trailer as a whole (as an audience without getting into technical details).....and as a cinematographer/filmmaker/or any other technician (can be highly critical..positive or negative)....is most welcome.

Every word of yours is so critical because every word u have to say about this work will help me evolve into a better Cinematographer / Filmmaker. thanks.

Cheers!

link to my trailer: http://www.vimeo.com/7205896

Rajavel

There was some very good footage in there but it is too long. Some of the shots were repetitive. I would cut it in half. Cut out all extraneous shots. Just tell the story in 60 seconds. The first half of the story is the boy meets girl and fall in love, then something tragic happens. The story gets a little convoluted in the beginning because of the volume and diversity of the footage. Don't go back to happy footage once you get into the tragic end. I'm not sure if the picture at the end is you are the director but I am not fond of crossing the proscenium. It's self indulgent.

There was some very good footage in there but it is too long. Some of the shots were repetitive. I would cut it in half. Cut out all extraneous shots. Just tell the story in 60 seconds. The first half of the story is the boy meets girl and fall in love, then something tragic happens. The story gets a little convoluted in the beginning because of the volume and diversity of the footage. Don't go back to happy footage once you get into the tragic end. I'm not sure if the picture at the end is you are the director but I am not fond of crossing the proscenium. It's self indulgent.

Thanks a lot Tom! wonderful to get some valuable feedback!

i perfectly agree with u on the duration of the trailer...and agree with ur story telling withinin 60 seconds!

i too have similar viewpoints...but i cant force it on the others on the team! am so happy u had things to say that i had it in mind! and well...that pic at the end is not me! (and i second ur thought on that too! :))

thanks.

will be uploading a song a little later...kindly give ur feedback on that too Tom! cheers!