Info on Eumig cam please

Mike Currell

Heeellloooo again

I am trying to work out if the Eumig 880 PMA Super 8 cam can read the 64t notch and whether or not it's worth trying one out? I have seen the wiki spec sheet but it doesnt mention the notch thing!

Lots of bells and whistles which I know is a mine field with a cam of this age but hasanyone had anything to do with one?

Cheers fellow celluloids!

Mike

B)

Heeellloooo again

I am trying to work out if the Eumig 880 PMA Super 8 cam can read the 64t notch and whether or not it's worth trying one out? I have seen the wiki spec sheet but it doesnt mention the notch thing!

Lots of bells and whistles which I know is a mine field with a cam of this age but hasanyone had anything to do with one?

Cheers fellow celluloids!

Mike

B)

I don't know that camera but if it has manual exposure control you can correct the exposure if the camera does not properly read the 64, so no worries.

Rick

Thanks guys re notch. I can meter but notch is good for hit and run?

Still wondering if anyones had a play with this model before I pay the freight on it.

Not about to pay a lot of dosh for it as I know that old electronics can be a prob. However this may be a nice litle S8 cam.

Isn't Eumig aligned with Bolex in some way?

Adios Amigo's :ph34r:

Ps Pav....I am not seeing the wiki page that mentions "not having 64t" can you post a link?

Edited by Mike Currell

• Premium Member
Thanks guys re notch. I can meter but notch is good for hit and run?

Still wondering if anyones had a play with this model before I pay the freight on it.

Not about to pay a lot of dosh for it as I know that old electronics can be a prob. However this may be a nice litle S8 cam.

Isn't Eumig aligned with Bolex in some way?

Adios Amigo's :ph34r:

Ps Pav....I am not seeing the wiki page that mentions "not having 64t" can you post a link?

FYI, later eumigs like the said camera, suffered from poor QC, make sure the camera is in full working order.. Eumig manufactured cameras for bolex from the early 1970s.

The eumig will not expose 64t correctly, if your project requires run-n-gun on auto exposure, either route out another 64t compatable camera or at least run a test cart thru the camera.