Purchasing and processing 7265 in Ireland

Serge Gregory

I'm shooting a short film next June in Ireland using Kodak Plus-X reversal (7265). Is it possible to purchase and process the film in Ireland?

Although there are Kodak reps in Ireland, to my knowledge, there are no labs. I may be wrong, but I really don't think so.

check out www.iftn.ie, you may find more info at that site.

Edited by Chris Burke

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stephen Murphy
when I shot in Ireland in 2005, there were no Film labs and all our film was shipped to London. I doubt that would have changed.

There are no labs in Ireland. Fuji and Kodak both have Reps in Ireland with small amounts of film at their depots. You'd be better off ordering from Kodak and have them ship to Ireland for you shoot dates. You'll have to have your rushes couriered to London overnight and get a rushes report the next morning from the labs. There are a couple of excellent transfer facilities in Ireland if you want to have the neg shipped back to sit in on your transfer rather then having the lab do it in house.

Hey. Certainly no labs over here and be sure to phone ahead to make sure they have the stock for you, I recently waited two months for some stock to arrive from Japan [Admittedly, it was a small order and was looking for daylight spools, but still].

I think the handiest thing is to go through Kodak UK and they'll put you in touch with their reps in Ireland.

Stephan alluded to some post houses, two of them are Egg and Windmilllane

For film cameras: Production Depot

Guest Stephen Murphy
Stephan alluded to some post houses, two of them are Egg and Windmilllane

For film cameras: Production Depot

Screenscene and Windmill Lane would be my recommendation. AFAIK Egg dont have any onsite telecine/scanning facilities - has that changed recently?