ENR process

Dear John and Dominic case,

Please tell me about the ENR special film processing, the steps for processing,the chemistry involed for this and what will be the effect from this process. Tell any other Websites for Knowing this process deaply.

Thank you,

L.K.Keerthi basu.

ENR is a propietary Technicolor process (originally developed for Vittorio Storaro in Technicolor Rome by three employees with initials E, N & R). It is one of the many bleach retention processes: after the bleach bath in the pos process, the film is passed through a black and white developer which reconverts the bleached silver ions to silver, which is not removed in the fixer. The result is a very contrasty and desaturated image, with particularly rich blacks but subued colours.

Although the end-result (silver in the image) is not unlike the bleach bypass process, ENR (and the similar DeLuxe processes ACE & CCE) only work in the pos process, not the negative process.

If you search (this site, Google, etc) for bleach bypass, silver retention or similar, (or even for ENR) you will find as much as is available on the web.

ENR is a propietary Technicolor process (originally developed for Vittorio Storaro in Technicolor Rome by three employees with initials E, N & R). It is one of the many bleach retention processes: after the bleach bath in the pos process, the film is passed through a black and white developer which reconverts the bleached silver ions to silver, which is not removed in the fixer. The result is a very contrasty and desaturated image, with particularly rich blacks but subued colours.

Although the end-result (silver in the image) is not unlike the bleach bypass process, ENR (and the similar DeLuxe processes ACE & CCE) only work in the pos process, not the negative process.

If you search (this site, Google, etc) for bleach bypass, silver retention or similar, (or even for ENR) you will find as much as is available on the web.

Thank you ,

Dominic case I have got a lot from your guide.

• Premium Member
  • 4 years later...

I believe it was one man named Ernesto Novelli Rimo

http://www.theasc.com/magazine/nov98/soupdujour/pg2.htm

Edited by pragmatron

Colin, you are 4-1/4 years late to the party. . .

I'm not replying for the sake of telling people themselves as I didn't address them. It's to not propagate misinformation for anyone that might be doing research, like myself.

I'm not replying for the sake of telling people themselves as I didn't address them. It's to not propagate misinformation for anyone that might be doing research, like myself.

John Pytlak has been dead for over a year now though, so you aren't likely to get any more contributions from him.

Proper procedure here, as it is with other internet fora is to not dig up the past but start a whole new thread if past threads haven't adequately answered your question. . .

Just FYI ,you must've missed it. I had a thread on ENR here very recently, some time in 2009 IIRC. I'd recommend searching for that one. . .