Kinor 35H gate

daniel mahlknecht

Hi everybody.

I have found, that the gate in my kinor 35H has a slide, that is similar to the wratten filter holders of Bolex cameras. Is this slide really meant to place filters into the gate?

How recomendable is it to use it for filters, could this alter flange focus distance or facilitate dirt to collect in the gate?

Also I'm still looking foe an anamorphic Film gate and ground glass for the Kinor 35H, if anyone is selling one. Actually I sent these days my 1:1,66 gate to have it modified for anamorphic, but I still can stop this from being done.

thanks

Daniel

Hi everybody.

I have found, that the gate in my kinor 35H has a slide, that is similar to the wratten filter holders of Bolex cameras. Is this slide really meant to place filters into the gate?

Yes, This is slids for setup of Wratten gelatin filters inside holder.

All Ok, this work fine.

Actually I sent these days my 1:1,66 gate to have it modified for anamorphic, but I still can stop this from being done.

You call of 1.66 film gate of film gate with mark " k" and with size of film gate 22,4 x 13,35 mm ?

You sure, what you can upgrade of " K" film gate on anamorphic ?

As for me, this is do not posible, because, the "k" film gate do not have free surface for cut of film gate on size 18,6 x 22,1 mm ( anamorphic ).

If you send me letter on olex.camera@gmail.com i can send you a detailed pictures with size.

As of my calculation, the film gate " H" ( normal ) can be upgrade on A anamorphic.

You call of 1.66 film gate of film gate with mark " k" and with size of film gate 22,4 x 13,35 mm ?

You sure, what you can upgrade of " K" film gate on anamorphic ?

As for me, this is do not posible, because, the "k" film gate do not have free surface for cut of film gate on size 18,6 x 22,1 mm ( anamorphic ).

If you send me letter on olex.camera@gmail.com i can send you a detailed pictures with size.

As of my calculation, the film gate " H" ( normal ) can be upgrade on A anamorphic.

Hi,

actually it is a “H“, I was convinced it was 1:1.66 but it is 22,4mm x 16mm. So it should work.

thanks

Daniel

actually it is a “H“, I was convinced it was 1:1.66 but it is 22,4mm x 16mm. So it should work.

Yes, Kinor-35H film gate with mark " H" ( normal , academy film gate ) can be upgrade to Anamorphic size. Will need widen film gate to top on 1.3 mm and you will have top spare surface 0.7 mm and

widen to down on 1.3 mm, and down spare surface will have size 1.2 mm.