KINOR 35N W/ MAGAZINES AND EXTRA LENSES

Guest AVETIS MINASYAN

Guest AVETIS MINASYAN

I HAVE A VINTAGE KINOR 35N MOVIE CAMERA BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT OR HOW TO GET IT TO WORK. I HAVE THE MANUAL IN RUSSIAN BUT CANT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING IT SAYS. I AM CONSIDERING SELLING IT, BUT HAVENT MADE UP MY MIND YET. I LISTED IT ON EBAY, BUT THE AUCTION DID NOT GO THE WAY I WANTED IT TO SO I CANCELED IT. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN GET IT TO WORK, OR AT LEAST A GUESTIMATE OF ITS ACTUAL WORTH.

I CAN PUT UP MORE PICTURES IF YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE!!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/va...er/300jpg-3.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/va...er/301jpg-3.jpg

Edited by AVETIS MINASYAN

• Premium Member

It looks like most of a Kinor 35H made between about 1986 and 1991. It also looks mostly original, but someone has added a video tap port assembly to the viewfinder housing. If the electronics work they would be running at 16-18v. The batteries pictured are probably exhausted, so it it's unlikely you would be able to get it to work without putting together new ones.

How much do you want for it and where are you located?

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

You can not expect to get very much for it. This is an untested camera that is at least 20 years old. You probably don´t know if it has been converted to accept Kodak and Fuji film and you don´t know if the electronics work. The one thing that is positive is the videotap port. I would say it will go for not more than $2000. If I remember correctly Mr. Taylor sold one of these almost unused and in perfect working condition for $3800 so the $2000 might be a little high.

Hi, I am in the similar situation. Snce the introduction of the Red, prices of movie cameras have plummeted. !6mm is almost dead and for low budget indie films,Red and HD cams have taken hold. I would hold on to the lens. But the value of the Kinor 35mm camera is heading down. I suggest you sell your camera stuff individually, as the remaining kinor owners may buy spare parts for their camera packages.

Victor

I HAVE A VINTAGE KINOR 35N MOVIE CAMERA BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT OR HOW TO GET IT TO WORK. I HAVE THE MANUAL IN RUSSIAN BUT CANT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING IT SAYS. I AM CONSIDERING SELLING IT, BUT HAVENT MADE UP MY MIND YET. I LISTED IT ON EBAY, BUT THE AUCTION DID NOT GO THE WAY I WANTED IT TO SO I CANCELED IT. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN GET IT TO WORK, OR AT LEAST A GUESTIMATE OF ITS ACTUAL WORTH.

I CAN PUT UP MORE PICTURES IF YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE!!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/va...er/300jpg-3.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/va...er/301jpg-3.jpg

Guest AVETIS MINASYAN

THANKS, I ALSO HAVE LOMO LENSES. 6 TO BE EXACT BUT THEY DONT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE IN THE BEST SHAPE EITHER. I WAS THINKING THAT I COULD MAYBE GET AROUND $2500 FOR THE CAMERA, THE LENSES AND THE CANON K-35 LENS WHICH IS NOT IN THE BEST SHAPE EITHER. DO YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE A FAIR PRICE. I AM LOCATED IN VAN NUYS CALIFORNIA

I think the best thing to do is to go to a cameratech with it. You have to lubricate it before testing anyway. You basicly have two options; sell it very cheaply untested (you might be selling a doorstop, so you will get paid accordingly) or have it looked over and tested, then you know what you are selling and can ask for a better price. As for the lenses, if the seller, in this case you, say they are in bad shape they are probably not really usable. There are a lot of cheap Lomos in good shape out there, so there is kind of a buyers market. If you put it it up on Ebay in this shape I would probably bid up to $1000 for it as I have some experience with maintaining a Kinor, but I would stop there.

(by the way, you should also look into fixing your keyboard, your capslock seems to be stuck... :rolleyes: )

Edited by Peter Milanov

Guest Trevor Swaim

Problem is I think this is the buyer of an ebay auction. I was following one a week ago with these pictures anyway. IIRC the camera went for about $600 or at least thats where I stopped watching it.

• 4 weeks later...