Kodak 35mm still photography film stock comparable to (Kodak's) 16mm film stock

Mike Maliwanag

So I would like to shoot some tests with Kodak 35mm still photography stock that is comparable to 16mm film stock 500T 7219. A professor of my suggested taking 5219 film stock and loading into a photography canister to expose as stills in a SLR camera. He also mentioned that some companies provide this service. My two questions are where can I find such companies and is there any 35mm still photography film stock that resembles 16mm 7219 stock.

Thanks,

Mike

• Premium Member
A professor of my suggested taking 5219 film stock and loading into a photography canister to expose as stills in a SLR camera.

My two questions are where can I find such companies

any 35mm still photography film stock that resembles 16mm 7219 stock.

HI Mike, to answer your second question first, 5219 is the same basic stock as 7219, but made on a 35mm or larger base. the difference in numbering is the way that Kodak's long standing number system works. You can probably find a 100ft of 5219 relatively cheep as a "short end". You will then have to load it in the dark into a reusable 35mm cassette like you can get from dealers like Freestyle Sales. (http://freestylephoto.biz/ )

Your first question is a bit harder. Look in this site for the threads on "RGB Colour Lab" Short answer is that many of us are looking for a lab that will still do this on a regular basis. The lab you will be sending your main work may be able to suggest someone that will do a couple of rolls for you. for a Movie lab to run 6 feet of film, and make a print is hard to do. Only by Printing the neg on Motion Picture stock, or by scanning it on a scanner simalar to what you are using if you do Digital intermediate will your tests be realistic.