Motion control Russian arm?

Tony Brown

• Premium Member
hi tony,

is the car driving during the move?

just a level 360 or jibbing up and down through out the move?

ian mussell

It will be moving. Ideally we'll jib of course, the odd bump and jolt |I think we can accommodate by shooting slightly wider that required and stabilising. If it were not for the jib I think it would be relatively simple to motorise the lateral arm movement.

• Premium Member
Hello Tony,

Does it really needs to be MotionControl? Or could you do with a repeatable movement as well?

Maybe this could do the job aswell: Move 'n shoot

Good Luck,

Onno

Thanks I've worked with that rig and cannot recommend those guys highly enough, but we need a 360 MoCo ideally

The RUSSIAN ARM and the Flight Head is remotely - operated gyro-stabilized camera crane system that keeps the camera steady while going at high speed, across bumpy roads or off-road. Lightweight design allows the crane to be mounted on the roof of almost any camera car, boat, train or other mobile platform

http://filmotechnic.com/eng/equipment/46.html

• Premium Member
The RUSSIAN ARM and the Flight Head is remotely - operated gyro-stabilized camera crane system that keeps the camera steady while going at high speed, across bumpy roads or off-road. Lightweight design allows the crane to be mounted on the roof of almost any camera car, boat, train or other mobile platform

http://filmotechnic.com/eng/equipment/46.html

Thanks Olex, I've used it the Russian arm.

Hello Tony,

I think a flighthead and a russian-arm as a combination does not gonna help you.

I would suggest to use a russian-arm-light-version for the rotation only and get an other remotehead like the ultihead from MrMoCo for the MoCo part of it.

At the other hand: You will need a MoCo rotation, a Moco Jib, and a Moco Tilt (to compensate for the jib-movement). This seems more a Moco job to start from and then enter the grippery ;-). I would suggest to contact Mark Roberts for a customized rig.

I am not done in getting my head around a decent solution... <_<

I'll be back!!!! :rolleyes:

Good Luck,

Onno