Back Focus and Cost Of Repair

The back focus is now off on my zoom.

What should I expect to pay for the back focus to be adjusted on a Cooke 9-50 zoom?

Can anyone tell me if this is a simple adjustment or a complicated ordeal for a lens tech.

I'd like to know this information before I talk to anyone who repairs lenses.

Thanks

Kip Kubin

It can depend on the lens, but generally it is just a matter of popping off the lens mount, adding or subtracting shims and checking on a bench collimator.

With a Cooke 9-50mm, since it is an older lens (Std16), I imagine you may run into a problem of a lens technician not having shims that fit that lens on hand--so you may want to verify they have some that will work.

Cost-wise, should take about an hours labor + the cost of shims.

It can depend on the lens, but generally it is just a matter of popping off the lens mount, adding or subtracting shims and checking on a bench collimator.

With a Cooke 9-50mm, since it is an older lens (Std16), I imagine you may run into a problem of a lens technician not having shims that fit that lens on hand--so you may want to verify they have some that will work.

Cost-wise, should take about an hours labor + the cost of shims.

What he said but if you have loose elements it may take a little more time. If in LA Paul Duclos is very good. It's not that big of an issue. To fix that is.