Aaton XTR LCD Display Illumination?

Marc Roessler

• Premium Member
Hi,

is the Aaton XTR LCD Display Illumination switchable? If so, how can it be switched on?

It did work, but now doesn't come up any more. Quick read through the manual didn't show anything.

Thanks, Marc

You mean the LCD is backlit and now the back lighting doesn't work, or the display itself is not working ?

The illumination is always on, so if it's not working then there is a fault.

jb

The illumination was not working. After some minutes with power applied and some toying around with the camera (without rolling) it came up again. Seems to work again now.

I'd just like to know where that fault could possibly be located... is the LCD panel opened easily?

(Yes, I've got some heady engineering&electronics background, just want to make sure I miss all the little traps that might lurk there, mechanically)

• Premium Member
The illumination was not working. After some minutes with power applied and some toying around with the camera (without rolling) it came up again. Seems to work again now.

I'd just like to know where that fault could possibly be located... is the LCD panel opened easily?

(Yes, I've got some heady engineering&electronics background, just want to make sure I miss all the little traps that might lurk there, mechanically)

ahh be careful !

The illumination will sleep after a few mins of inactivity if I remember. Once you roll or adjust a menu function the illumination will return. You can just push the show button once to restore the footage elapsed /frame rate dispaly. Are you sure it defective ?

Jb

It slept right away when attaching the battery - running the camera or switching in test/gate check mode or pressing the buttons didn't help. I then had it on my shoulder for some time, so couldn't watch the display. After

that it was OK again. (Maybe it just needed some physical affection? :rolleyes: )

The problem didn't re-occur so far, alway came up fine.

Maybe some temporal microcontroller hiccup?

Marc.