i got into SCAD as a transfer student i dont know if its really worth the money, although they have accepted a lot of my credits (3 classes shy of a junior). currently im in a two year film school in charleston, sc. i've worked on a feature titled angel camouflaged as a set pa and the discovery channel show "Swords: Life on the Line". Other than that i've done tons of short films. I know the work isnt steady so im really scared to spend that much on school. Advice?

resume is here. http://www.jamesheyward.com/resume/

You'll be in the same boat as EVERY one of us here. You're right, the work won't be steady, never will be. That is one thing people like about film, two months on....three months off, etc.

If you are young and the uncertainty of the film biz is a concern to you, it really is best that you change careers now while you still can.

R,

I'm not really worried about the unsteady work I'm more worried about is it worth going to scad knowing that work isn't steady. I love being on set nothing comes close to the money I make, the fun I have, or the friends I make.

• Premium Member

I'd say so much depends on how you like to learn. You can get an education in film from a college, or from just saving up a wad of cash and moving to LA, working as a PA. That being said, I don't regret having gone to college first. Then again, I had an easier in with the film industry in my area.

• 1 month later...