using a m42 to c mount adapter on k3 will it work

Ian Nesbitt

Yes it will work. I am assuming you will be using 35mm lenses on it, since 16mm M42 lenses are quite rare these days. The only difference is that the field of view of your lens will be half as wide as in 35mm mode. So if your 35mm lens is a 50mm one, your 16mm FOV will be roughly 100mm.

Yes it will work. I am assuming you will be using 35mm lenses on it, since 16mm M42 lenses are quite rare these days. The only difference is that the field of view of your lens will be half as wide as in 35mm mode. So if your 35mm lens is a 50mm one, your 16mm FOV will be roughly 100mm.

Hi Saul, thanks for your reply but I don't think you understood my question. The Krasnogorsk is an m42 mount as factory, and I would like to use an m42 to c mount adapter, meaning that I would like to in the end be using c mount lenses on the K-3. Do you think that would work without any issues such as vignetting etc ?

Anyone know if I can use an m42 to C mount adapter on the M42 K3? Im just shooting regular 16 not super, will it cover the frame? vignetting? any other problems you can think of?

Krasnogorsk-3 camea with M42 screw mount have flange focal distance 45.5 mm.

C-mount lenses have flange focal distance 17,53 mm.

Can you setup of lens with short flage focal distance ( FFD ) to camera with long FFD ?

As for me, thi is do not possible.

If you wish use of C-mount lenses, you need 16 mm cine cameras with do not reflex system, like Admira-16, or with pendulum mirror, like Eclair ACL, Kiev-16E, or with semi-transparet mirror, like Alpha-16.

I think, you mean of M42 to C-mount adapter. This is adapter use for install of M42 screw mount lenses on C-mount cameras, like Alpha-16.

If you ask about compatible of this adapter with Meteor-5 zoom lens of K-3 camera, sorry, not.

Meteor-5 zoom lens have cone at rear side of lens and touch of inisde surface of adapter.

Krasnogorsk-3 camea with M42 screw mount have flange focal distance 45.5 mm.

C-mount lenses have flange focal distance 17,53 mm.

Can you setup of lens with short flage focal distance ( FFD ) to camera with long FFD ?

As for me, thi is do not possible.

If you wish use of C-mount lenses, you need 16 mm cine cameras with do not reflex system, like Admira-16, or with pendulum mirror, like Eclair ACL, Kiev-16E, or with semi-transparet mirror, like Alpha-16.

I think, you mean of M42 to C-mount adapter. This is adapter use for install of M42 screw mount lenses on C-mount cameras, like Alpha-16.

If you ask about compatible of this adapter with Meteor-5 zoom lens of K-3 camera, sorry, not.

Meteor-5 zoom lens have cone at rear side of lens and touch of inisde surface of adapter.

yes, I was thinking there could be made an adapter which recesses the neccesary 28mm, since many of the c mount lenses are so phyisically small and narrow, I thought maybe there would be enough room in there to make it work :)

I guess there is no point in trying to create this experiment!