rack focus..

Filip Plesha

Would anyone please explain to me what is rack focus?

Found this at UrbanDictionary.com

1. Rack Focus

When a cinematographer turns the focal ring on his lens to shift focus from a foreground object to a background object.

A rack focus is really a cheap, metaphorical device for the unimaginative to link two objects/people in a frame.

>A rack focus is really a cheap, metaphorical device for the unimaginative to link two objects/people in a frame.

I think someone is baiting us!

Many times, especially in 35mm, a rack focus is more of a necessity than an artistic choice. I mean, stuff has to be in focus!

>A rack focus is really a cheap, metaphorical device for the unimaginative to link two objects/people in a frame.

I think someone is baiting us!

Many times, especially in 35mm, a rack focus is more of a necessity than an artistic choice. I mean, stuff has to be in focus!

lord knows I know what one of those is. I like them, nothin better than a nice smooth pull, I go to sleep thinking about it. thinking of that speedcrank sittin in the AKS box, the beautiful whip which has saved me from losing too much blood on those crane/jib shots (except one occasion, damn dp moved the camera into razor wire, and I went with it. lost a lot of blood actually, but thats what I LOVE FOR! LOSIN BLOOD ON THE PULLS!) ahhh, im in love, I miss my primes...