what is the name of that light?

Hi Guys!

Anybody know the name of that kind of light that looks like a tube or a drum?

thanks!

post-23088-1273957147177.jpg

It's called a space light, most common wattage is 6k. Comprised of 6 1k FRK globes wired to three 20a edison connectors, 2 per connector, with a silk skirt and target to disperse the light.

• 2 weeks later...

It's called a space light, most common wattage is 6k. Comprised of 6 1k FRK globes wired to three 20a edison connectors, 2 per connector, with a silk skirt and target to disperse the light.

FRK is a 650w 120 volt tweenie replacement bulb. Typical Space Light bulbs are 1000 w FCM's. In the US anyway. They also come with a variety of plugs. They way mentioned, but not often. The Most common connections are Soco multicable for individual bulb control or two 60 amp 120 volt plugs for control of two groups of three bulbs. There is a 2k Space light that is great for small location work. That has two 20 amp edison's on it for individual bulb control.

Edited by timHealy

FRK is a 650w 120 volt tweenie replacement bulb. Typical Space Light bulbs are 1000 w FCM's. In the US anyway. They also come with a variety of plugs. They way mentioned, but not often. The Most common connections are Soco multicable for individual bulb control or two 60 amp 120 volt plugs for control of two groups of three bulbs. There is a 2k Space light that is great for small location work. That has two 20 amp edison's on it for individual bulb control.

You got me Tim. I had just ordered a slew of FRKs to replace my blown globes and it was fresh on my mind. Meant to say FCM.