lens

• Premium Member

how many variety of lenses are there?

how many company lenses like zeiuss..... like that ?

super 16 mm camera lenses can we use for 35 mm camera?

There aren't all that many manufacturers of cine lenses. There used to be more. Now we're down to zeiss, cooke, and angenieux for the most part. Leica is releasing a set of cine primes, so they're a newcomer to cine lenses. They've made great lenses for a long time, of course, and their lenses have been rehoused for cine use for a long time.

As a rule, lenses made for 16mm or S16 formats won't cover the 35mm frame. They'll probably vignette. Lenses made for the 35mm formats will always cover 16mm, though.

Don't Forget Hawks, Elite, and of course Panavision... Hasselblad lenses are used in large format along with Leica. Rehoused Cannons and Nikons are also used in film (especially for vistavision) although Cannon also makes super16 lenses. Fujinon also makes digital lenses. RED is also getting into the lens game.

• Premium Member

Also there are Optar-Illumina whose set of S16mm lenses I have and whom are releasing a set of 35mm lenses. Also, I don't think Lomo is still making lenses (though I think Elite took over their factories?) but you'll still find a lot of them around-- they're probably the cheapest cine lenses you can get and can be very nice glass. There is also Optex, but I'm not sure if they make their own lenses or just rehouse.

Also there are Optar-Illumina whose set of S16mm lenses I have and whom are releasing a set of 35mm lenses. Also, I don't think Lomo is still making lenses (though I think Elite took over their factories?) but you'll still find a lot of them around-- they're probably the cheapest cine lenses you can get and can be very nice glass. There is also Optex, but I'm not sure if they make their own lenses or just rehouse.

optex does not make lenses. they re-house and adapt lenses. there are a lot of optex-modified carl zeiss 12-120 S16 zooms around that were 10-100 N16 lenses before.